About the awards
- To encourage artists to continue to practice despite outside pressures, financial or otherwise.
- To broaden the community of artists supported by the Foundation, whilst ensuring that these names speak for themselves and are associated with consistent excellence, talent and quality work.
- To continue building on the reputation and achievements of the Foundation’s Awards for Visual Arts.
- To support new music and composers, across musical genres and practices.
- To maintain the Foundation’s distinctive style of support for individual artists that offers awards paid in equal instalments over three years and is neither over mediatised or age-specific.